There is easy transportation in Kigali. From the airport, getting to the city center takes just few minutes drive in taxis or using shuttle services. These taxis can be used to get to the major accommodation facilities or to some tourism destination sites around like the Kigali genocide memorial, craft markets or to the various shopping centers around.
For those hoping to travel to the remote side of Rwanda it can be cheaper using a hire car from car rental agencies within Rwanda. Most car hire companies have offices in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda and here are some few recommendations;
- 4×4 Africa – A car rental agency offering car hire services throughout East and Central Africa.
- Dial A Car Rwanda
- Drive Rwanda – A car rental agency offering affordable cars for self drive in Rwanda. From small sedans to sophisticated cars, we offer a good choice for travelers interested in exploring Rwanda on their own.
- Crystal Car Hire
- Car Rental Rwanda – Have the widest range of rental cars for hire in Rwanda.
- Go Self Drive
- Kigali Car Rentals – Managed by Mzungu Frank, this company offers great deals of Toyota Rav4 and Land cruisers
- Lets Go Tours Rwanda
- Rwanda Rent a Car – Budget car rental from Rwanda Rent A Car. We offer hassle-
free car hire within Rwanda at the most affordable prices. Our car hire service extends throughout East Africa.
- Self Drive Rwanda – This company offers a wide range of car rental including 4×4 WD Jeeps, Rooftop tent rental, Car rental & Driver across Rwanda & Uganda.
- Rwanda Car Rental – For over 20 years, we have offering car hire in Rwanda. Our cars include saloon cars, 4wd land cruiser, rooftop tent, safari land cruisers, omnibuses and others.
One can also explore Kigali, the Capital city of Kigali on foot going for excursions.
For short journeys it is recommended to use moto moto (motorcycles). Moto Moto service is well organized and it is recommended to use cyclists who have uniforms and numbers.
Domestic Air Travel
It is also possible to book charter flights and regional flights in Rwanda for a scenic and faster form of transport to the various national parks you are to travel to on your safari.